Confoozeled

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Scooter, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Scooter

Scooter Random Apple Dude

Ok. Heres the deal. Some of you (if not all) will remember a while back various people in the computer & web industries were looking at creating a search tool that would search peoples hard drives.

Now, if I didn't want this to occur, but it still did and people could search my hard drive.... isn't it just another form of hacking? .... or am I just missing something (which I know I am.. heeheehee... bring bring!) :speechless: :rolleyes:

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Do you mean the google and msn desktop searches?

They can only search your hard disk if you install the application... unauthorised access to someone's data is illegal, and therefore only you can see the search results even if you do chose to install the app.

3. Kush

Kush High On Life!

what, i thought the desktop search was like u search ur hard drive so i never payed attention to it cuz u can do that in windows LOL, so what is it? like can it be used to download things from people or what

4. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Can we have that in English please ?

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

There are already tons of them out there - Google, MSN, Yahoo, AskJeeves, X1, Copernic etc. Google's offering is the only one that's had privacy issues so far.