Concurrent Remote Desktop Sessions

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mushuboy, Nov 30, 2004.

1. mushuboy

mushuboy OSNN One Post Wonder

I simply want to allow the Host workstation's Desktop not to logoff while the remote (me) workstation logs in. I would like have Remote Desk perform like WinVNC. I know about Remote Assistance but want to use Remote Desktop. I also wish to use only programs and support provided in a standard XP install. Is this possible?
    Thanks in advance

2. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

3. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Also, I realize this is your first post on OSNN (welcome!), but please try to use the search function prior to posting a question.. a search for "Concurrent Remote Desktop Sessions" (the title of your thread) would have provided 2 results.. the first of which is the thread I referenced.

Again.. welcome to OSNN.. may your stay be filled with increasing knowledge. Just beware of the Tittles.. (no offense TittleBitties) ;) :p

4. mushuboy

mushuboy OSNN One Post Wonder

Concurrent Remote Desktop contin..

I was directed to this tread from another forum and did a search on your forum. It did not return the question/answer I was seeking. I simply want to allow the a Host workstation's desktop not to logoff when a Remote workstation logs in. I would like have Remote Desktop perform like WinVNC. Is this possible?
    Thanks in advance

5. koko

koko Got Root?

i use remote desktop almost every day. it is not possible to have mutiple sessions running on the same box. and also, if you remote into a rig, then try going from that one to another one on the same network, remote desktop will crash. pca works well, but will also not allow multiple connections to 1 computer.

6. _kC_

_kC_ Moderator

read post 2 ;) youl find your 100% wrong:p

7. koko

koko Got Root?

interesting, because when i try, it crashes.

to clarify, when i remote to a machine and try to start a remote session to another computer from that machine, i crash. i haven't tried starting 2 sessions on the same computer to 2 other computers - that would seem like it would work.