Computer Slow down

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by gmagnuson, May 22, 2003.

1. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

Here is the problem:
    Whenever I have 15 or so browsers open (yes, I do a lot at once :) ) And something finishes downloading; when I click close, my computer screen will freeze for 10 or so seconds and I cannot do anything but move the mouse. It will also happen if my computer is on and many different programs are open at the same time. When I do CTRL ALT DEL, and go to performance, it says:
    Physical Memory Total: 523760
    Available 128940
    System Cache 290148

Kernel Memory 69848
    Paged 58376
    Nonpaged 11476

Commit Charge 472M/1232M

If you need any more information, let me know, I have a 1.8 GHz Processor and 512 MB of Ram. Thanks for any help.

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

maybe checkout a tabbed browser like opera, myie2, or firebird. this way you can have mutiple windows open without sucking up much resources

3. wingman411

wingman411 OSNN Senior Addict

Maybe when you are done downloading it is copying the file from a temp location to where you are saving it to. Or it could be running antivirus program on the file and so you cannot do anything until it finnishes.

Just a thought.

4. gmagnuson

gmagnuson Guest

I will look into them, Is there one that would allow my favorites to be syncronised between IE6 and the other tabbed brouser?

5. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

they all have the feature to import and export favorites... so tah tway you can synchronize them.