Computer Attack!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Mac1, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Mac1

Mac1 Guest

computer attack

Can any body tell me why I got this attack when I was logged in to NTFS.
    see attached file.

my firewall stopped it dead but I am still wondering about it.

p.s. how do I insert a picture into my post. I had to attach it. I clicked on IMG but dont know what to do. I thought I could paste it in but it wont work.

2. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

Its a alert coming from your system not off the Internet. Probably a false positive.

What firewall are you using?

You attach the image to the post then put the link of the attachment in the IMG tags.
  3. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Pacific Northwest
    Did you do a whois on that IP? ;)

The "img" function links to a picture on the internet. You would have to upload a pic somewhere and make a link to it. Same goes for your sig if you choose to use one!
  4. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

whois - Look in the mirror :p
  5. Mac1

Mac1 Guest

whats as it's not my server or client address or is there something else i'm missing. I am a bit green when it comes to these things.

but I am getting there. with your help.

sorry about the picture, I didin't know I had to load it to the internet first. I just see all your nice pic's and avatar's " and thought you could just paste them into where you write.

what does avater mean, this maybe this?

A manifestation or presentation to the world or

Incarnation of Vishnu, a Hindu deity; or

is it just a Display.

6. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

1,338 is your systems loopback address.

Avatar is the image that appears under / above the username.

Scan your system for viruses to be sure your not infected but it looks to me to be a false alert.
  7. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

Norfolk, UK
    Re: computer attack

Like this?

8. Mac1

Mac1 Guest

Thats exactly what it is Rushmoo1 and Enyo,

very cleaver guys you are, or what.

I didin't know you could get loopbacks. "learned summit else"

I am running XP Pro with Nav2003 Antivirus Pro and Norton 2003 Firewall Pro. all definitions are up to date.

I have just bought Nav2004 and was going to install it when I see all the posts about it, now I'm not to sure about installing it.
    But if it's anything like Nav2003 it will be very good, as I have had no trouble with it. In fact I would recommend it, as long as your computer is powerful enough.

I have just did a scan for virus and all well.

Thanks guys