Complete MMX - themes, and shell32.dll!!

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by mavis, Oct 15, 2002.

1. mavis

mavis Guest

Hey everybody!

Just wanted to let you know about a few files that are now available for your use. :D

First of all, a modified shell32.dll in the MMX style - thanks to o_87 for hosting these for everybody!! There are two versions - Build 2800 (SP1) and Build 2600 (pre-SP1) ... Only one is online right now, the SP1 version - you can get it here (and see screenshots) ... The .rar also includes installation instructions ... :)

Second, a couple of themes which (IMHO) look great with the modified shell32. The first is a theme I made, and the other is a really cool theme called cxp2 by sz1_521 - I've been using this one for a week or two and it looks really cool, especially with the custom icons...

mavis

2. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

check this one out, Im using it with the mmx icon set and it looks sweet as hell. Great job on the icons you make btw, they are my favorite.

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Very nice job Mavis, I am using this theme right now and it looks schweet!

P.S Please check your PM from me ;)

4. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

hey i tried the theme, its really nice looking but I want to change the cursor back how do I do that?

5. Grandmaster

Go to control panel>printers and other hardware>mouse>click on the pointers tab and I think you'll find the one you are looking for.. :)

6. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

cool thanx a lot

7. Grandmaster

no problem Bootsy

8. Darkwolven1

Darkwolven1 Guest

I have a question about using the shell32.dll. I use Netcaptor for web browsing. I have been looking for a way to change the button bar in it. If I use this and provided that Netcaptor uses the icons from shell32.dll, these would effectively change the Netcaptor buttons, ne? I am assuming it does use shell32 because the button icons look the same. Aw hell, maybe I will just try it. :D