Collapsible Menus + Cookie settings

Its ALIVE! :eek:

is there anyway for it to assume its closed then open, being open and then closing doesn't seem as good :p

Change

if (hidy == 'yes') {

to

if (hidy != 'yes') {

... I think. o_0 :D

No :eek:

We need something to set div id="content" to be hidden before it loads, so guess it would have to be another script above the code.

Yeah loving this, not often I get to make such extensive changes to teh frontpage :)

Change
Code:
function checkCookie() {
	hidy=getCookie('hidden'); 	// check if our cookie exits.
	if (hidy == 'yes')  { 		// if its set to "yes"  then
		hideit(); 	// collapse
	} else {   		// else
		chLink(hi); // make sure the link says "collapse"
	}
}
to
Code:
function checkCookie() {
	hidy=getCookie('hidden'); 	// check if our cookie exits.
	if (hidy == 'no' || hidy = null)  { 		// if its set to "no"  then
		showit(); 	// expand
                chLink(hi);    //show collapse link
	} else {   		// else
                hideit();     // collapse it
		chLink(si); // make sure the link says "collapse"
	}
}

I think that should work, have moved machines now so can't quickly test it, nearly finished here though, so will go back to my mac in a minute :D

whatever we add will need to go before the div is loaded tho or it will show anyway as it loads the page?

The last thing that I pasted basically will hide/collapse it as soon as the script is loaded (at the bottom of the page).

If you want to doubly ensure it's hidden to start with, simply add a
Code:
#content {
    display: none; 
}
to our CSS (or just slap a style="display: none;" on the div... may be safer).

:)

problem with that is then that it is collapsed even if you have it set to be exanded and doesn't expand automatically until you tell it to collapse then expand :eek:

Think you got what I am after tho :D

The monkey say no <--- fact.

Make the changes suggested as-well as adding the style :p ;)

Try it out on the 1024 theme guys, let us know what you think as I will be pushing it out soon :)

Will be doing some updated images for the site too as a few of them are quite out-dated :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back