Cold Mountain

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by muzikool, Jan 7, 2004.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

I saw this film tonight. It is outstanding in many areas, but it's not for everyone. There are some scenes that are difficult to watch, and despite the hope that it instills in the audience, there is a great deal of hopelessness in its themes and tone. That's all I'll say for now as I don't want to include any spoilers yet.

"Cold Mountain" received praise from most critics with 112/147 positive reviews at Rotten Tomatoes. It also received the most Golden Globe nominations (8).

4.5/5 NTFS Stars
  2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Santa Clara, CA
    I think I might actually have to watch this. I brushed it off earlier but the good reviews are making me change my mind.
  3. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

NY, USA
    hmm... I may be interested in such a movie as well ... now if only i have time to see it before it is out of the theatre ::sigh::
  4. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

London, UK
    I'd imagine this isn't the kind of film i like to see in the cinema...i go there to watch loud, exciting films that get my adrenaline pumping...deep, meaningful ones such as this can wait for a home viewing.
  5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Well it takes place during a time of war, so there are some decently loud battle scenes that take place. Overall though, you are correct in that it is a quieter dramatic film. :)