CNET -Catch-up

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Lee, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

A few years ago I used this software. Then they stopped it being used.

O.K. (if you don't know) Catch-up was a small utility which would scan all your files and give a set of updates needed if you wanted to download them.

It was provided free, free to use, no spyware no spy anything by CNET you might know them as also.

I was wondering if anyone has a clue to if they're going to allow it to be used again, I know there was a security fault in it, which took a long time to be found.

After all these years, why haven't they fixed it?

I would pay to use it again as it was brill!!

I once tried a trial of oil change and hell it gave me loads of updates I needed, piles of em. So I read it needed to be registered for these updates to be allowed to be downloaded, so like a mug I did. I did a rescan when using it registered and they all went, I had like 3 links for updates which I could have got from windows update.

So as I think catch-up is the best software for finding updates and better was free, anyone know anyone @ cnet that could answer the questions of will they re-release catch-up.

I have mailed them many times and they just don't reply.
  2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

The Netherlands
    I surely hope they 'catch up' on re-releasing the software. I agree, it was the best piece of software around.