Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by psx2000, Oct 11, 2002.

1. psx2000

psx2000 Guest

Anyone here know if Cnet got rid of there CATCH UP software that automatically checks all your programs to see if your updated?

I dont see it on there site anymore and was curious if its still even around?

If not is there any other sites that offer that type of software?
  2. Zooker

Zooker OSNN Addict

I recieved a newsletter from CNET maybe a week or so ago, and it said the CatchUp service would be disabled for awhile but that it would be back---they're probably just fiddling with it to make it better (or worse!) ;)
  3. today i tryed to go to that site and it saying it's not working now. check back later. i guess we wont see it working again
  4. ElllisD

ElllisD OSNN One Post Wonder

I've been checking the Catch-Up page every 3 months or so for maybe the last 4 years.... I wonder what could be taking so long. I sure hope it comes back.
  5. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
    well it doesn't seem to have been working since October 13th 2002 :)
  6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

New York City
    It was a nice service, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up anymore. [​IMG]
  7. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

All they say now. Well I used it and loved it. It was free, fast and neigh on 100% correct.
    I have the .exe on a disc somewhere, I know it still don't work as I tried it a few years ago.

The major problem (which I have never seen written at cnet), is that hackers can comprimise your security, via a few flaws in the web server, the software and information across the net.

I hope they do release it again, I would pay to use it if need be.

It's one of my top 3 applications, it's missed, come back catch-up!

You can try downloading it here Won't work just small amount of info.
  8. dom02

dom02 OSNN Junior Addict

I wouldn't use it. I don't like the idea someone sending my info to cnet.