Clocks go forward.

Henyman said:
an hour less drinking last night :( ;)

Sucker. Bars stay open til 4AM here when the time changes.

Best is in Fall, we do 2AM all over again - and get the extra hour out in the bars.

Twice a year for the last.....7 million years!

"OMG i've lost an hour"
"OMG i've gained an hour"

get over it people. move on. nothing to see here

Bah, you got me started. What is the damn point. Why not just make it a half hour and leave it there all year. Like it makes a rat's ass of difference. Stupid BS left over from when people used gas lamps to see by at work. Buildings are all concrete bunkers with no windows now anyway.

Rant over.

LeeJend said:
Bah, you got me started. What is the damn point. Why not just make it a half hour and leave it there all year. Like it makes a rat's ass of difference. Stupid BS left over from when people used gas lamps to see by at work. Buildings are all concrete bunkers with no windows now anyway.

Rant over.
Amen. The fact that we still do this silly ritual just shows how backwards we still are. :(

Enyo said:
Yep, looking at you Henyman. Marge and I had a whole hour less in bed :eek:
Ahh but then in October you and I will have an extra hour in bed :cheeky:

There is DST in Canada everywhere except in the province of Saskatchewan. They don't ever change their clocks. In the summer they are on Mountain and in the winter they are on Central time.

sweetlu said:
There is DST in Canada everywhere except in the province of Saskatchewan. They don't ever change their clocks. In the summer they are on Mountain and in the winter they are on Central time.
Sounds like a sane place to live. :)

Evil Marge said:
I blame the farmers :laugh:
You couldn't be any more incorrect with this. I am originally from Indiana. Indiana is mostly farmers. They do not observe DST in Indiana. Every year they try to pass a law that will change that but because of the farmers they are unable to get it to pass.

Anyways... We don't set our clocks ahead until next weekend here in the states. I didn't realize that other coutries did it at different times.

Saskatchewan is not a sane place to live. It's too cold in the winter and it's too hot in the summer and it smells really bad and there is nothing to do there. It's so flat that you can watch your dog run away for days. It's about the closest to a communistic state as one can get ! I am glad I am out of there and I am never ever going back.

Technicallly you dont actually loose an hour. You're not going to die earlier becasue of the clock change. Its just a clock change. Unless we some how managed to push the entire universe forward an hour that is :p

having said that its weird watchig the clock go from 01:59 to 03:00 is just plain weird. Its as if the clock cant count :D

still had to get up an hour early this morning.
****ing clocks.

sweetlu said:
Saskatchewan is not a sane place to live. It's too cold in the winter and it's too hot in the summer and it smells really bad and there is nothing to do there. It's so flat that you can watch your dog run away for days. It's about the closest to a communistic state as one can get ! I am glad I am out of there and I am never ever going back.

Hide and Seek games could be interesting then :)

LordOfLA said:
Technicallly you dont actually loose an hour. You're not going to die earlier becasue of the clock change. Its just a clock change. Unless we some how managed to push the entire universe forward an hour that is :p
Yeah technically we don't lose anything because time does not exist, it's a human invention. :p

Of course time exists, its the measurement of time thats a human invention

Khayman said:
Of course time exists, its the measurement of time thats a human invention
"today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we're the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks
Time is what you make of it ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back