Citrix User, Outlook 2003 keeps crashing.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Wow, this is definitely one of the more stranger issues. One of my clients utilizes Citrix as the means to connect to the terminal server so they can access all of their applications. Numerous apps, being as they're an insurance company. We have one user, where everytime she goes to open up Outlook 2003, the application crashes, then you get a popup asking if you want to restart Outlook, and also if you want to send the error report. If you restart Outlook, of course it's going to crash again.

Now typically what I would do would be to reinstall the application... but again, this is only for one user, and it's on a terminal server. We've deleted her profile, and I've tried numerous things such as changing the data file and such, but nothing. Fortunately we were somewhat able to get the user to be able to use the local machine for some of her things, but her email is highly tied in with some of their insurance applications.

Since deleting the profile hasn't resolved this issue, what can be done? And yes, this happens on any machine that you login to using the account.

As always, thanks guys!

2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

wow that is strange. When I worked at Assurant we just used to delete the profile and all was well.

Is she an Admin on the PC?

3. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

The Event Viewer should log the issue. Is it related to ntdll.dll?

4. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

I don't believe it is related to ntdll.dll. And she's an admin on the PC, but I don't see how that would affect anything, I mean it is a remote environment.

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Adn there is nothing in the Event Viewer on the Citrix server? Is it MetaFrame? Which version?

6. Dublex

Dublex Quazatron R6 droid

Is there anything in her terminal services / outlook exchange profile (if she is linked into ADS) that looks amiss? Although it sounds as though something profile related might have happened to outlook.

We use citirx here as well, but I've never encountered this problem