Cisco VPN Client 5.0.03, serious installation problems

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

Here at work at one of our customers, we are going to have to begin using the Cisco VPN Client to establish a VPN connection to their site. I have attempted to install the software, however everytime I do it notifies me that I have a legacy version of the software and it will attempt to uninstall it. It prompts me to reboot so that it can uninstall, and when I login it notifies me that it will try to install, and it winds up doing the process all over again.

After a few times of constantly rebooting because it told me to, I wound up attempting to uninstall the old client from Add / Remove programs. I went through that process, which again told me to reboot so it can finish the uninstallation. When I login to the computer again, the previously installation attempt opens again (every single time) notifying me that there is old software installed and it will try to uninstall it. The entry is still in Add / Remove programs.

Since the uninstall attempts yielded the same results, and attempting to "cancel" the installation doesn't do anything, I attempted to remove the VPN directory manually. The software STILL reports that it's installed. This is a vicious cycle. I'm attempting to stop the installation from running all together every bootup, however I don't see it under my Startup programs or in the registry. Can someone please help me either get this installed, or stop it from coming up all together?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back