Cingular/ATT question

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by Aprox, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

So I got my Cingular bill this month, and it was about 10$ higher than it usually is. So I was flipping through the bill looking for what would cause it, when I saw the text messaging section. Now, I pay 3.99 or whatever it is for the 200 incoming/outgoing SMS/MMS messaging package. And my messaging was way below that. But now, since ATT bought Cingular it appears that package only covers 200 outgoing messages. So they charged me for a couple MMS's (.25c each!) and ALL incoming txt's.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this, and if there is anything that can be done? I think its pretty lame that they can change the details of the contract I signed without telling me.

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Odd. Since the merger completed it has only benefited me. I have a $39.99 data plan and I was paying an additional $4.99 for text messaging. Since the merger I now get unlimited text included in my data plan.

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I think I know what happened Aprox.

Apparently they screwed you over and you're paying extra for Matt's service.

:(

Sorry buddy.

4. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Damn, that must be it! :eek:

*sigh* I will look over the bill again when I get home. It seems unlikely that they would pull something like this.. so maybe I just over looked something.

5. Sazar

I would also call their customer service, complain and get 6 months worth of some useless service free, as compensation.

6. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

this stuff happens all the time. My wife is horrible with her phones and broke it, so I went to a sprint store and bought her a new phone, low and behold there is a 7 dollar recurring insurance service charge on my bill that I never asked to be implemented.

7. Sazar

They will tack on new stuff all the time.

I was promised a huge discount (through my employer) that it took me 6 months to get. Everytime, standard response was, next bill, you'll see your discount.

Finally, I spent 2 hrs on the phone,s poke to everyone in 4 different countries and they switched it plus they gave me free phone service for 3 months to make up for all the drama.

They address it but you have to stay on top of your stuff.