Christmas Miracles...

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by mlakrid, Dec 30, 2009.

?
  1. Miracle

14.3%
  2. Devine intervention

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BOTH

14.3%
  4. Something else

71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

2. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I wouldn't call that a miracle, the doctors worked hard to save them and in the end they did. It even says in the article that the medical team worked on the boy and that it was their efforts saved him.

Anyway I hope both mum and baby are fine.

3. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Just wasn't their time

4. mlakrid

They saved the baby, they didnt really save the mom, if you go back, in the article it says when they extracted the baby the moms pulse just "came back" after she had already gone into arrest...

Copied the important part from the article:

Both mother and child seemingly gone. That was when family, and even doctors, say something extraordinary happened.
    "Immediately after delivering him, her pulse came back," Dr. Martin said.
    But that's not where this story ends. The medical team worked to save the boy, too.
    "They actually got him started in my hands, so that was an amazing feeling," Mr. Hermanstorfer said.
    [​IMG]

Seems like a mircale to me...

Mike A!

5. Evil Marge

I know and that tells me that her heart (and body) was able to recover AFTER he was delivered and when it was under less of a strain. The human body can do some pretty amazing things that have nothing to do with miracles. She was in a hospital so it's obvious the doctors and nurses did everything they could to save her, they're not going to stand there and do nothing are they?

6. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

From KKTV.com

7. mlakrid

What both of you are saying has merit... except that her heart was in full arrest... NO sinus rythm at all...

She was dead... I guess I just see this alot differently than you guys do...

Mike A!

8. Evil Marge

The above happens to someone in this world every single day, I personnally know of 2 people who are still here to tell the tale.

9. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

I read about this on another forum yesterday and the general feeling there was that the medical care provided the results (with a little help from above). Personnally I agree with Jewelzz - "it just wasn't their time".

Very happy mum and baby are doing fine!

10. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

I have to give credit to the medical team here, it's obvious that their expertise and quick thinking saved both those lives that day.