Cheap Ram

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Heath3n, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

In case ppl are looking. Best Buy has a good deal going on RAM right now. 184 pin pc2100 ddr 256mb for 37.00 after a 20.00 mail in rebate.

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

^^^Crucial^^^ our sponsor also has some great deal, click the link and have a look :)

3. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

I already looked at crucial for the same specs before I bought from Best Buy...nowhere close to the price I got.

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Crucial is good RAM tho, chances are Best Buy are selling off OEM stuff.

5. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

I'm sure Crucial has great RAM. I'm not trying to push this off on ppl...just letting them know about the Deal. The manufacturer of the RAM is K-byte.

6. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

with Crucial you usually get better CAS Latency ie 2-2.5 as opposed to the normal 3 of most other RAM manufacturers

7. Artex

Artex Guest

Personally I dont like Crucial cause a got a crap piece of 256 ddr 2100 from them, but only started screwing up about 6 months in so couldn't replace it. Bought a nice stick of mushkin 2-2-2 512 ddr 2100 though and fixed all my troubles.

8. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

This ram has a CL of 2.5
    266mhz

This is good RAM at a good price. I'm just letting ppl know in case they are looking for an upgrade. I'm not an idiot..I do this stuff for a living as I am sure most of you do. Take it for what it's worth.

9. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

Artex Crucial has a lifetime warranty on its ram. If you got a bad stick just rma it. Personally I love Crucial ram and have never had any problems with it.

10. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

This RAM has a lifetime warranty as well.

11. Artex

Artex Guest

I was pissed at the time so I just said screw it and bought the really good stuff, only paid 40 for the crucial when I got it so no major loss.

12. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Any ram does me fine, im not heavily into specs and performance (as long as my box boots and runs, im content :) )
    Plus a friend recently gave me a spare 128mb he had and will be giving me 2x256mb soon (how good are my friends!!!!!)
    If i ever need to buy ram tho i shall use the crucial link ;) :) :)

13. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

I like Crucial's RAM. Though it is a bit pricey, you get lifetime warranty and support, and i think they still do Free 2-day UPS Shipping.

JJB

14. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i couldn't find that particular memory anywhere on best buy's site. found sdram and rambus from k-byte.. but no ddr.
    ???

15. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

I can't vouch for what's on their site...I actually went into the store and bought it. FWIW ..they don't put all their products on their website.

16. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

oh, okay... i just assumed you were referring to something on theri site. cuz i don't think we all go to the same best buy location. }:p