Cheap laptop?

S

sacred2nite

I want to buy an old laptop so I dont have to sit in my bedroom every time I need to use the internet or write a document. I have been looking around and they all seem so expensive! Does any one know where I can get one cheap. I dont really want to spend more then £100 to £150.

P.S How would I set it up so I can browse the internet, wirelessly, useing my broadband modem attached to my PC. Could I use a blue-tooth card?

for that price your best bet on the internet is www.ebay.co.uk. but it wont be a very high spec one.

You could also try computer fairs or markets, places like that, they sometimes have some.

go with 802.11b-g either one, don't go with bluetooth. if i remember correctly bluetooth only goes 20ft, someone correct me if im wrong.

bluetooth has a range upto around 150-200ft.. but this depends entirely on the conditions and devices used...

through walls I would suggest you limit your range to around the 20-30 ft range... anything more and you may have to consider using some form of signal boosters...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back