Cheap laptop?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sacred2nite, Jun 17, 2003.

1. sacred2nite

sacred2nite Guest

I want to buy an old laptop so I dont have to sit in my bedroom every time I need to use the internet or write a document. I have been looking around and they all seem so expensive! Does any one know where I can get one cheap. I dont really want to spend more then £100 to £150.

P.S How would I set it up so I can browse the internet, wirelessly, useing my broadband modem attached to my PC. Could I use a blue-tooth card?

2. chris

chris Free to Fly

for that price your best bet on the internet is www.ebay.co.uk. but it wont be a very high spec one.

You could also try computer fairs or markets, places like that, they sometimes have some.

3. sacred2nite

sacred2nite Guest

4. Jz1397-5

Jz1397-5 XP Bad Ass

go with 802.11b-g either one, don't go with bluetooth. if i remember correctly bluetooth only goes 20ft, someone correct me if im wrong.

5. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Can get up to 100ft bluetooth i heard

Skazz

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

bluetooth has a range upto around 150-200ft.. but this depends entirely on the conditions and devices used...

through walls I would suggest you limit your range to around the 20-30 ft range... anything more and you may have to consider using some form of signal boosters...

7. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

afiak Bluetooth is 10m (33ft) range