Cheap Broadband !!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZAnwar, Jun 10, 2002.

1. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

I was thinking of getting DSL but the prices put me off !!!
    Does anyone know of any cheap ones ?????

2. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

I use cable internet (I got it because of the no contracts). I pay $44.95 a month with SoCal TimeWarner Roadrunner. Once I move, I will be using AT&T Broadband. Since I have my own modem, I will be paying $34.95 a month. It's not that bad. It doesn't get any cheaper than $30 for most broadband services.

3. ZAnwar

ZAnwar Guest

Here in the U.K. I can get the cheapest BroadBand for £23 a month and £60 connection fee.

4. Gouk

Gouk Guest

I'm with ntl:'s gold service broadband which is 1024/256 and is £50. I did the install myself coz it was £80 but the install was easy :)

It has quite good newsgroup access and my downloads speeds vary between 115-130kb/sec.

5. surge

surge OSNN Senior Addict

if you want ADSL broadband in the UK then dont go with Pipex there customer service Suxs they never answer the phone and its even when you do get through they keep you on hold for up to an hour

6. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Guest

Is that the 1mb/sec service?
    What the newsgroups like?

7. WiZZie

WiZZie Guest

For comparsion only:

I live in Sweden and have Telia (Swedish PTT) as ISP and I pay
    325 swedish kronor (about $34) per month for ADSL 512/512 Kbps.

8. GraLk

GraLk Guest

Ahem......

really really don't wanna upset no-one, but I use Bell Sympatico here in Canada (phone company high speed) and I pay $39.95 CANADIAN a month, which is about $22.72US, or about 15.60 British pounds..... with download speeds of up to 1Mb/sec (Ha! fat chance of that!!)

Still, it has never given me any probs with slowdowns etc..:D