Chatroom

W

westy1

I don't know whats going on but since becoming a member I have never visited the chatroom. I have tried twice in the last couple of days and it says that I am banned and something about permanant spambots.

WHATS GOING ON ?:mad:

Are you trying to get there using the link on the front page? If yes your best bet is tor download mIRC. Once that's installed connect to any EFNet server then type /join #xperience.
Hope this helps :)

EFnet are quite strict when it comes to who they'll let onto their servers. Making it quite hard to get to java client to work 100% of the time.
So like Jewelzz says, you're better off with a proper application such as mIRC

Yes I am using the link from the front page, so I take it, that not a lot of people use the chatroom who are members of this site.

Whether you are a member or not should not effect access to the chatroom.

I will look into it a little later.

Someone from your ISP must have abused a particular server and they have prevernted the entire ISP from joining.

Alot of us are on the channel but we use mirc...
The XP-erience version of which can be obtained here:
http://www.xp-erience.org/modules.php?modid=6&action=show&id=22

Well, theres 35 people in there at the moment.
Quite a few people pop in and out, but its mostly the regulars who are in there most of the time.

Of course everyone is welcome, but some people prefer to use the forums as a means of contact as IRC isn't for everyone :)

Ahar, there IS an xp-erience mIRC, i was gonna chuck that idea into the works at some point, looks like you beat me to it punk, nice one :D

Phew my ISP is bt openworld, so could anyone using BT could be banned.

Possibly.

But EFNet is made up of a grouping of servers so if you can't get onto one, you can just try another, they all have different regulations and bans so find one you can get onto and stick with it

Posted by SPeedY_B
Well, theres 35 people in there at the moment.
1/2 of which are bot lol
westy1: Don't get upset if your first time in #xperience there isn't much chat. There are periods of time when we're all doing other things, some might be playing CS, or some could be away from their computers. There are many times you can't follow what's going on becuase so many are talking at once but there are our down times too :)

im with btopenworld and i cant get on cuz ive been abusing the system and im a spam bot alledgedly??? i have never been able to get onto chat here and have given up trying for months

try
/server efnet.demon.co.uk seems to be the best server in the UK (for me anyway ;) )

[edit]
Also try these ...
irc.Qeast.net
irc.inet.tele.dk
irc.homelien.no
efnet.demon.co.uk
irc.rt.ru
irc.easynews.com
irc.secsup.org
irc.isdnet.fr
efnet.vuurwerk.nl
irc.mpls.ca
irc.flamed.net
irc.efnet.pl
irc.du.se
irc.he.net
irc.daxnet.no
irc.inter.net.il
irc.weblook2k.com
irc.banetele.no
irc.servercentral.net
irc.torix.ca
irc.Prison.NET
irc.vrfx.com
irc2.inter.net.il
efnet.skynet.be
efnet.cs.hut.fi
irc.hemmet.chalmers.se
irc.ipv6.homelien.no
irc.arcti.ca
irc.blessed.net
irc.mindspring.com
irc6.Qeast.net
irc.wh.verio.net
ircd.lagged.org
irc.choopa.net
irc.umn.edu
irc-efnet.svc.us.xo.net
irc.aloha.net
irc.umich.edu
ircd.charter.com

Good luck :D
[/edit]

yeh it said i had to download something to enter chat im not sure if it was mirc but i downloaded and still had the prob

mIRC has its own built in server Ident server if i remember right (Haven't used it in a while, i've been converted :p) its not an essential part to getting onto a server.

Personaly i think EFNet is way too strict on its joining policies (altho we did try to move before and it didnt go well did it :) )

It went well, i still don't have a clue on why we moved back to EFNet ( JJB don't kill me please ) , EFNet is the oldest and probably worst network, so i don't see much reasons staying on it.
But since the mods around here have this nasty habit doing exactly the opposite than i say, EFNet forever that is?

K
EFNet forever it is :D
EFnet is the grandad of IRC. Personaly I got nothing against them, apart from their policies on who can and who cant join. but thats set by the specific networks and not EFNet as a whole, so cant really complain.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back