Chatroom Update

Originally posted by Sazar
well... I just moved there coz I had so politely being kicked from the old channel...

would it not have been nice to have let everyone know to move over there gradually? there is no notice on frontpage... something where the NEWS section is... we should have the new IRC channel information posted there..

:(

probably just early morning, I don't want to wake up, turn off the sun blues.. I'll warm up as the day goes...

That was the plan but JJ had other plans, so he is sitting with the peons until I have had my coffee

Originally posted by Sazar
thanks to psuedokiller I am now boycotting the MIrc chat room for a few days...

not that anyone is going to miss me... but I still love you guys/gals...

:(

psuedokiller was just giving you auto voice! he kicked you so you would rejoin and gain voice

dam sazar major misunderstandin. if ya get kicked jus cum straight bk on!!!! even if it's 4 a short while 2 get an explaination.

I voted no, and here is the reasons why:

1. Only one server, it goes down we have no chat room (yes I know it's on linux, but they crash too, just not as often).
2. That server gives the founder too much control in my opinion.
3. it would be better to use a different net that uses more servers, there are others that have nickserv and channel serv.

this is only my opinion, I will go wherever we decide to go, no probs.

:cool:

I am quite happy with either... but I just wanted to see what would happen, I am open to suggestions and don't wanna upset JJB too much cos he is still the IRC Admin...

well the squaknet that JJB was interested in before, would be better, at least it has 5 servers to choose from.

But as far as control, in my opinion Electronic Punk should have total control, and delegate someone to run the thing, but Electronic Punk should be the founder of the server.

The problem we have now is that whenever sombeody runs the chat room they think they are the God in there, this needs to stop. IMHO

I think we are gonna have to stay in EFNET until we make a decision, I didn't thing people would get quite so upset.We will then decide... I'll still be on the "new" channel tho to help the WindowsXPstuff guys get their chan up.

Then again, due to a team members sobbing, PK has decided to shut the new network down... more info whenever. ;)

my apologies... I have rescinded ALL messages from this thread... but my vote stand :)

Correction: The server and the channels will be there if you want to use them. I am not the one to decide if they stay or go.

Just a quick point I would like to make. At one point, on EFNet, some servers were acting weird and I signed on with an EFNet server in Europe. The lag was terrible. Jewelzz will remember that day as she had to sign on through there as well.

If there is just one server or many servers and they are all on one continent, other members on other continents (and we have many) would have a lag problem. Am I wrong on this? Personally, I don't care where we are as long as the server is stable.

In my humble opinion I think that Electronic Punk and JJB sould settle the dispute on Omnipotent power struggle in the Chat Room and actually decide what is the best for all concerned. Which is the members of this Forum and their XP problems. The so called new Chat Room would have been disasterous if the server ever went down (1 sever only). You two sould figure out how both of you can share the command of the Chat Room and Just let JJB have the Root Pass or Ownership. It should be a joint thing because any time only one all powerful person has the control it can get fudged up if they get rubed the wrong way. Case in point, all the crap yesterday. Granted it is JJB's child but it was designed for helping all the XP-erience members was it not? It's like here there is not 1 Admin. but 2, yes Waddy has the finnal say as it is his child also. But there is no freeking out and screwing everyone, there is a consensus. JJB has to reallize that sometimes his behavior can get a little too... shall we say "Commanding". If both of you can share the power, with JJB having the top spot then there is a checks and balances type situation that way nothing is overly STUPID.
Screw that "It's mine all mine" thinking, yes it is yours (JJB) but I think you designed/created it to help XP-erience didn't you? There has to be a way to make it COOL for all concered and maybe a little harmony. I think the #xperience Chat Room should still be the Chat room. I am not trying to rag on any one person so don't feel that it's a caracter assasination in any way shape or form, please. These are my thoughs. I always speak my mind, It gets me into trouble though for I am always blunt in what I have to say.

Please figure out this thing so the Chat Room can stay a vital part of this great Forum. :)

P.S. If I am totally off on this please please tell me. I will be more than happy to appologize to all concerned.

I think some ppl might be under a few misconceptions...
First yes it is 1 server not multiple ones. This is good and bad. Yes if the server fails we cannot use the channels. But it does not suffer from the inherent problems of syncing multiple servers and the load on this one server is barely noticible. < .02 % of the cpu We also would have total control of it also. Also this server si maintained by a friend of mine and he is extremely compentant is handling any problems that come up. He runs his business off this server and he has to have it running all the time. Plus he can add things if we need and modify other things. Plus the bots dont own you. If your Op you have lots of control. Ppl can be voiced and they also have permissions on the channel too. It is a very simple configuration and requires very little overhead.

What ever is good for the Forum is fine by me. My aliegence is to the Forum and anything that can and will help it and it's Members.

so I take it currently we have no chat room... cept for the "new" one...

:)

there might need to be a note added to the JIrc thinger from the chatroom limk on mainpage to let people know... :)

cheers

no, we are using the #xperience on EFnet for the time being, until a decision is reached.

that is all

no Sazar, #xperience is there and you are welcome. :)

And don't forget about the hideaway Sazar. ;)
<----#insert someones username here *hint hint*
I know, shameless plug. :eek:

I am such a n00b

forgot bout turning on my quadophonic sound in control panel... and here I was thinking my sound card was funked up heh...

w00t w00t...

btw.. have been trying to log into xperience forever... no go...

Originally posted by xsivforce
And don't forget about the hideaway Sazar. ;)
<----#insert someones username here *hint hint*
I know, shameless plug. :eek:

Hey, no posting of competetive Chit man. :p :p

J/K :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back