Changing the prelogon screen

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by crono_logical, Jun 3, 2002.

1. crono_logical

crono_logical Bird Eater

Anyway to change it from the default blue backdrop to something different like a custon background, or even just a different colour scheme? :D

2. Piett

Piett ...will circle this city

Are you talking about boot screen or the actualy logon screen? I know that you are saying pre logon, so is that where you put in your password? if so you can go to ThemeXP and they have both boot screens and logon screens. They also have information on how to apply them.

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

You can also try 'logon loader' available from the home page. It will change your log on/off screens very easily.

4. I think crono_logical is talking about right before it goes to welcome logon screen for the users it shows a blue screen defaulted to XP.
    I don't know how to change that, sorry!

5. Piett

Piett ...will circle this city

Ah, are you taking about the "Loading your personal settings" screen? I don't know how to change that, sorry.

6. yoda

yoda Guest

If what body electric is pointing out is what your talking about I've always noticed that because I use the Windows Classic Theme... and it reverts back to the Windows XP Blue scheme automatically when you shut down... quite annoying- so I either ignore it or walk away to avoid seeing it...

Same with the Welcome screen and fast user switching options under control panel>users --
    these screens slow down the boot up process considerably which I am definetly not fond of...:rolleyes: