Changing my IP address to

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by a1ehouse, Aug 18, 2002.

1. a1ehouse

a1ehouse Chamone M*tha Fu*ka

Anyone no how this can be done? I'm running Apache 2.0, mySql and php.

At the moment I can point to my server via my IP address, but would like to be able to tell people to go to

anyone have any ideas?
  2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

1. Make sure your ISP allows you to use domain names (mosts don't).
    2. Buy the domain name
    3. Point the domain to your IP (done when buying).
    4. Wait a week or two.
    5. Done!

If 1. fails, buy space at a web hotel.
  3. DrMetallica

DrMetallica OSNN Senior Addict

Look in the coding forums... is pointed to the apache server at http://66.69.75.*** ...just point the redirection to your computers IP and you should be m8 also talks about if you haz a dynamic ip how to set it up...go check da coding forums.
  4. details, i have server/root domain/email/web running on a dsl, which has a full time static address which never changes. until i give up the account its my address........ its on their subnet, but i consider it my address. its an expression.

anyway yes it can be done, buy a domain name and have your ISP add it to their DNS servers to point at/resolve to your web server and/or your own DSN server to resolve past the root name or at least somewhere it has to have a DNS record pointing that domain name to a page (on free page from host for holding name maybe) and then a redirector and be placed to anywhere else.

oh and you ment its pointed to
  5. DrMetallica

DrMetallica OSNN Senior Addict

wich trace prog did u use to trace

I haf diz crappy 3d one...i had this really nice one a couple months ago but had to reformat on short notice and forgot the name of it...
  6. a simple ping of a DNS name will resolve it to an address
  7. whatever we all get the point
    does every comment have to be like your trying to pick a fight though?