Changing Log On Name

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by failurbydesign, Jul 1, 2005.

1. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

I want to change my log on name fron owner to Danny. But i dont want to Create new profiles and such. I had done it once before but forgot..anyone have any ideas?

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

You can login as any user other than "Owner", such as "administrator" (built-in Windows account). Once you do that, go to Start -> Run -> type in "control userpasswords2"

When the dialog box comes up, select the user name you want to modify, in your case "Owner". Once you do that, select Properties. The primary box will say user name with your username in a text box. Change from Owner to whatever you desire. Login with new name, all set.

3. failurbydesign

Ok i did that, now i have no admin prilages...i want to be the admin....but have it say "Danny"

4. kcnychief

You can adjust that in the same place, instead of the General Tab (where you changed your username), use the group Management tab.

Either that or you can Right click on my computer, go to "manage" then browse local users and groups, same place.

5. failurbydesign

well now im a guest and i cant get out of that...

6. kcnychief

If you logon with an account that has administrative rights, like the "administrator" account, you should be able to do this. Are you logged on as yourself right now or the administrator account?

Have you logged in with the re-named account, and then logged off? Try that as well to finish the re-naming process.

7. failurbydesign

ok i have logge din under admin when i di dthe first step you gave me. the when i logged into my account thats says Danny, i got an error saying NSW 2005 cant performe due to lack of admin rights. i went to users and it sayd im a guest.

8. failurbydesign

ok i got it....thansk for hgelping me.. i get confused a lot...

9. kcnychief

No problem, glad I could help :)