changeing shells

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by scsa20, Jul 26, 2002.

1. scsa20

scsa20 Simonsoft Network

j0 all...I'ved installed another shell on my system along with a program that well act like a shell tell you choose which shell you want to use (ShellOn) but when I choose it to be the default shell, nothing happens after reboots, just boots back up under windows explorer.exe....how can I make shellon.exe (with the path C:\shellon\shellon.exe) my default shell?? is there a place in the gpedit.msc to do this??

2. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

*bump*

i can't help u except push ur thread up. if the shel ur talkin about is 4 icon's then 0_87 is the expert

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

According to what I read about ShellON, is that it can not be a shell, since it is not a shell. It is merely a boot manager. It simply allows the user to select which shell, ie litestep, explorer, geoshell etc, wants to use.

4. scsa20

scsa20 Simonsoft Network

I know that, but you can set it as a default shell to choose a shell on start up (that's what I'm saying).

5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Post the home address for ShellON and I'll see if I can't help you after looking at. You might also want to check out Shell Enabler
    Here is what I found on ShellON. These steps are for uninstalling but common sense would say, reverse the steps and it should work.