Change Admin User

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by i_pedal, Apr 26, 2002.

  1. i_pedal

    i_pedal Guest

    I want to change my underlying user name. Not just the display. I'm only user, admin. Is there a way to do this in the registry?
    bill g
  2. dejav00

    dejav00 Guest


    Could you be more specific?

    I can't tell exactly what it is that you want done.
  3. i_pedal

    i_pedal Guest

    I changed the login display name, but the underlying admin name is still what is displayed in some apps, like winpop. I want to change that name. I thought about adding another admin user and deleting the current one, but seems like when I did this before I ended up with the "deleted" user still in the Documents and Settings folder, just not displayed in a logon.
    So that's why I was thinking change it in the registry.
    bill g
  4. Twink

    Twink Guest

    i think you can do this in gpedit.msc (start -> run -> gpedit.msc)
    Computer Config -> windows settings -> security settings -> local policys -> security options -> Accounts: Rename adminstator account