cdroms

A

acky

I know not what I did but my pc now will not play audio cds & wifes sims. DVDs will play, normal cdroms play ok. win media player comes up with error code 0xc00D1197. Ta for any help. Win xp home. pent 4 2gig. 512k mem. dvd cd.:(

interactual dvd player is about all I can think of, Im not sure if there is a problem with mci

hmmm,...you could try uninstalling it and trying to run an audio or sims cd.

no joy im affraid, autoroute 2000 will not load either, says the disk is not in correctly. it will install it but not run it also can burn from cds but not play them.

try 2 things now:
1. Go in thru safe mode (hitting F8 repedetely as windows loads) and see if it works then..

2. uninstall the cd rom from the system properties window and then rebooting so it gets installed again.

how old is the drive? it could just be fuXXored i'm afraid.

still no joy in safe mode or after uninstall/install, it is both the cdrw drive & the dvd drive not working right (is there something common to both as they both are acting the same), they are both 1 year old

hmm maybe if they are set to "cable select"...that sometimes results in bad things happening. You should have them set as master/slave

if both drives are on the same channel, try a different cable! might be that simple. :confused:

could be a case of having DMA enabled? I remember this problem coming around on Win98/ME because of DMA being enabled... I realise it would be annoying for it to run as PIO, but might be worth a try? The DVD software may have enabled it during installation?

Just a thought ,perhaps you might look at your Mobo drivers which include IDE drivers etc.
Reinstalling them can help similar problems.

First, thanks for trying to help me people, but tried all of the above to no effect. I dont know what else I can tell you so you can help me, it will burn & play mp3s ok. Thanks again.........

have you installed SP1? if you have try uninstalling it, i had problems like this when i installed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back