CD-RW Questions - Plextor

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dsmlaser, Jan 29, 2002.

1. dsmlaser

dsmlaser Guest

I'm thinking of ordering the PX-W2410TA/SW Plextor CD-RW. I found it on pricewatch for $131.00.

Anyways, I was wondering how this drive performs in XP? Does anyone have experience with it? Will it work in xp fine?

Here's the link:

Let me know!
  2. max

max Guest

I LOVE my plextor they RULE !!

You can burn anything with a Plextor and nice and fast tooo

I highly recommend it, works flawlessly in XP

Worht the money definately
  3. sjf99

sjf99 Guest

I just bought one for my new XP system. I haven't used it that much. I just tested the CD-rom portion and burned a test CD-RW. I can tell you this. This sucker is loud, very loud. It also vibrates quite a bit due the fast spindle speed (I assume). I have an Antec case that uses locking drive rails. I had to put some electrical tape on the rail to reduce the buzzing caused by the vibration. I'll only buy a Plextor CD-R(W). But this is not the CD-Rom for audio CD playback because of the noise. Again, I didn't play with it that much so there may be some settings that can take care of this.
  4. dsmlaser

dsmlaser Guest

Noise isn't really a factor anyways, I have 4 fans on my case, and a huge ass cpu fan.

5. Cupid_Stunt

Cupid_Stunt OSNN Addict

NW UK

Dont buy anything else but plextor they are the best money can buy.

I have bought a few different cdrw, drives over the years and nothing comes close on performance,

Plextor will write at full speed i never had a coaster yet with any of my plextor drives.

I wouldnt ever consider buying anything else.

6. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

I have the drive and absolutely love it, as for sfj99, My plextor is loud for a second when it first spins up to full speed, but other then that it sounds just the same as my other cd/dvd drives and there is no excessive vibration :)
  7. Dick Johnson

Dick Johnson Guest

Plextor A+++

I own three Plextors and love them. One is an older unit without "burn-proof" but it's still great. Only problem I've found is the GREAT "Plextor Manager 2000" software with Disk-Dupe doesn't work in XP. Their web site said to not use this software in XP and tells you to use Roxio's ECDC 5 Platinum----I wish you luck with this. If all else fails use Nero. Plextor is the very best!!!!