CD/RW question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Herkalees, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

Here's what I use: XP Pro, XP's own burning "software", and a 24/10/40 Plextor.

Here's what I want to do: Toss in a CD/RW disk with old data on it, and wipe it out or overwrite the data. This is for backup purposes...

What's the point of using ($$$) CD/RW disks if I can't overwrite old backed up data with new data???

Does a man like myself need better software with more abilities than the built in XP burning software?

Spankyou for looking and reading.

2. G-Money

G-Money Big Air

You need to get Nero INCD. It will let you format a CDRW and write to it over and over again !!!

3. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

980 times almost ... :)

4. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

I had one disc go 1100! I used DirectCD 5 (XP Updated). Basically, any UDF reader/writer software will allow you to pretty much drag and drop files to and from a CD-RW

5. mon_fury

mon_fury Guest

why dont u try nero burning software, i use it and its great.

6. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Yeah, Nero is real good. Just make sure that your burner is supported by Nero (nearly all are. Unfortunately, mine isn't).

7. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

& how old are you ? :D :D

8. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Haha... I'm not that old. Actually, I was using the disc for an update software which required it to be built unique for each machine. I had to update 400 computers. Took about a month to actually update all 400. Then, right after I got all the machines updated, a new update came out to fix a security hole. Had to redo all the computers (total of 800). After that, I simply used the disc for MP3's and other junk. It died out after being rewritten 1100. It was a Maxwell CD-RW just in case you wanted to know.