cd burning problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by pothitos, Sep 19, 2002.

1. pothitos

pothitos Guest

ok i copied an audio cd the other day and when i went to play it in my cd player it didnt work. I put the cd back in the machine and the filetype on it was CD audio.

How can i make the cd work in a normal CD player?
  2. pothitos

pothitos Guest

cmon reply please i really need elp with this as it has to be done by 2nite
  3. what program did u use to copy cd? and did it give u some errors? try checking if cd is closed btw. also if u used cdrw disc it probably wont work in cd player
  4. pothitos

pothitos Guest

i used some ibm proggy to copy it and i didnt get any errors. why wont a cdrw disc work?
  5. dabomb

dabomb Moderator

it just doesnt recongnise the disk as completed and closed i think, thats why you need to burn on cd r if you want an audio disk
  6. cdrw discs have different cover(that thing where u burn your ctuff) even color of regular cdr disk is different from cdrw if u didnt notice. and regular cd players cant read that thing. so u have to use regular cdr disk unless u buy new player that says supports cdrw disks or get mp3/cd player
  7. pothitos

pothitos Guest

the problem is i only have the copied cd now so would it work if i used nero and a cd-r?
  8. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Arizona near the Grand Canyon
    The way cdrw's r made almost every cd player can't read them for some reason. That said I've seen a few cd players that could read cdrw discs but for the vast number of cd players can't which is why u need to use cdr's to be able to play the cd in just bout anything else besides ur cdrw drive in your computer. There should be a problem as long as the source cd ain't to badly sractched that said u should be able to make a good copy of the cd on to an cdr with a good program like nero
  9. yea that should work ok
    ~edit~ if u got nothing to do u can encode those audio tracks to mp3s or just wav files. and then burn them as audio disk to cdr :) . that is if u r bored though
  10. pothitos

pothitos Guest

ok here goes :rolleyes:
  11. XeoNoX

XeoNoX OSNN Senior Addict

try using the nero ASPI.
  12. phishhead

phishhead OSNN Senior Addict

San Diego, California
    not old is the audio cd player...mine is about 5 yrs old and it won't play cdrs at all but my boom box will play them trouble free.
  13. pothitos

pothitos Guest

using the nero what now?
  14. pothitos

pothitos Guest

yes!! it worked. Thanks for all your help

15. no problems, enjoy the music