Catalyst vs DNA vs Omega

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by G|ass, Dec 28, 2003.

1. G|ass

G|ass Guest

I have been using the DNA drivers with my Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB for a while because they were recommended by a friend over Omega and Catalyst, but then someone else told me the Omegas are better, so I went online to a bunch of sites and forums and it seems half the people think the DNAs are better, and the other half like the Omegas, and a few still like the Catalysts, and it's giving me a headache. How about some intelligent opinions from some knowledgable people (Sazar?)

2. Black-Syth

Black-Syth Comalies

I have actually had some troubles with the Omega drivers, so I won't recommend them. At the moment, the Catalyst 3.9s suit my Mobility 9200, and my 9700pro just fine. I would definitely say the Catalysts are the best.

3. Wolf1.8

Wolf1.8 Guest

I have been using the DNA drivers (1.9.3.10) on my 9800 pro (128) and they work well. I have benchmarked w/ the Catalyst 3.9 and 3.10 and the DNA drivers better than double my score in 3dmark.

3DMark Scores:

Catalyst 3.9 -- 2816

Catalyst 3.10 -- 2819

DNA 1.9.3.10 -- 5805

I have never had trouble with the DNA drivers either.

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i find that a bit extreme. do you happen to have compare urls for both the cat's and dna's so we can see the difference?

5. Wolf1.8

Wolf1.8 Guest

is there a way to publish more than 1 score at a time w/o paying??? If so...let me know otherwise I can do 1 at a time...it's true though...I was a little amazed at the gains I saw over the catalyst

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

oh yeah. well, do 3dmark2001se. it's a better indicator anyway.

7. Wolf1.8

Wolf1.8 Guest

sure...I'll try it :D