cant see printer attached to wXP from network

J

jealousy

printer: HP LaserJet 1100 attached to wXPpro desktop PC, with new drivers for wXP and w98, shared (full access for everyone)

problem: network users with w98 can`t see this printer. not printing or driver problems, they just can`t see the printer.
other wXPs can see and use this printer.

network protocols: TCP/IP, client for MS networks, file and printer sharing for MS networks

any solutions?

Sounds like a ICS error at the Win98 end.
Try reloading ICS from the XP disk on the Win98 PC's
or move the Win98 PC's upto XP.

Can you see other file shares on the Win98 computer too? If you can, check the permissions and passwords for the Win98 box and make sure that the other computer has the right access to be able to use it

JJB6486

In the shared name section of your printer properties reanem it to the IP address of the machine it is on

For instance, My Epson has a shared name of 192.168.0.1

Originally posted by Bytes back
In the shared name section of your printer properties reanem it to the IP address of the machine it is on

For instance, My Epson has a shared name of 192.168.0.1

Can that really help?

I have found with the print servers, installing netbois sometimes helps at leasted with netgear print servers.

Originally posted by jealousy

Can that really help?

I Must admit when someone suggested to me to try that I was sceptical, but it has worked for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back