cant see computers on network

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by canadian_divx, Jun 25, 2002.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

ok i just installed my xp and thought that it was all up and running and i set up my internet but i cant get to any of the computers on my network (my internet is on the same network) but i can get onto the net, i have all of the most recient drivers, and softwear that i can find and i have reinstalled the nic card twice but there is no luck, any help would be nice

it gives me the error message: mshome is not accessiable. you might not have permission to use the network resource, contact the admin..........
    network path was not found

2. Lithium

Lithium Guest

make sure there sharing files are setup and are you running a hub or router?

3. canadian_divx

i am running a roughter and all of the sharing settings are correct. if i go from anouter computer i can see it but i cant access it

4. Lithium

Lithium Guest

did you turn off the XP firewall? that might be why its not letting you get on the puter

5. canadian_divx

yea the fire wall is not enabled

6. oDin

oDin xp m0nk3y

ok...so you have a router. that means you use a private ip range. thats as easy as setting ur router to hand out as many ip addresses as you have computers. and making sure those computers are using those addresses. now, the "other" computers on ur network. what are they??? win98, winME???

oDin.

7. canadian_divx

they are all xp computers

8. canadian_divx

ok i fixed it

there is a stupid bug in the router firm ware i just upgraded it with the newest one that they just e-maild me with