cannot view sourcecode in IE

G

gizmoshere

Hi
For some reason I can no longer view the source code from web pages on IE 6

view > source notepad doesn't open I have checked in internet options & nothing works ; this is doing my ed in: my other machine I have been trying to compare, I use Me on other setup, but how can it suddenly stop working, I use notpad all the time being into web design etc, but now I cant use view>source on my xp setup: i''m using xp pro
Help :rolleyes:

is your TMP setting correct?

Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click System.
Click the Environment Tab.
In the User Variables For <username> box, click TMP, type a valid path in the Value box, and then click Set.
Click Ok.

also
Try changing your View source editor to see if that maks a difference:

To add your preference to the View>Source option in Internet Explorer, go to Start>Run, type regedit. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Right-click on the Internet Explorer key, choose new>Key, name it View Source Editor, right-click on View Source Editor key, choose new>Key name it Editor Name, right-click on (Default) in the right pane and type the name of your editor
As long as the application has an entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths, you need only provide the name.

If it doesn't have any entry you'll need to enter the full pathname

notepad

Hi ok

Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click System. Click the Environment Tab.

there is no Environment Tab.

I done your other option below

To add your preference to the View>Source option in Internet Explorer, go to Start>Run, type regedit. Navigate to:

Didn't make no diffrence, or do I need to restart
Cheers

try advanced tab, click Environemnt button instead

also, just to make sure
you created a key name
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor\Editor Name
with a string called default and the value of the full path to the program (try one other than notepad, if you havn't already)

Like I said done like you said, on the last bit from registry at top right I right clicked > Modify >edit string> in the value data I put notepad

Also the other option from control panel > system propertys >enviroment variables > ok I click on TMP it then gives me a box with variable name & Variable value which says this > %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp > what am I suppose to put in there

By the way how come it has gone like his, any idea

Couldn't I just re-install explorer : about a month ago I had a what the call hive problem * had to re-install xp would this be the root prob

Also I have no bottom bar for explorer, the one that shows how long it takes to load pages at bottom

Ok many thanks I will look into that/ it bugs me why this has happened/ friiggin Bill Gates

Again thanks

yep

Yoyo

Well done - That has fixed it - dam the siplist of sulutions & well spotted- is there a way to stop this happening again?
Many thanks to all that have helped
Alan

That was going to be my next suggestion...honest :)

clear the temp files on a regualr basis, would help tp stop it from happening again

@Khayman

Ok / yea will do, but never had that happen to me in 98/Me is there a flaw in xp lol

don't know, never had it happen to me, and i've never cleared the temp files. you may never get it again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back