can i get my pc to disconnect when i get a call ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by 14sr, Sep 26, 2002.

1. 14sr

14sr Guest

is it possible to get my pc to dissconnect from the net when i get a incoming telephone call ???? i have a v.92 modem and call waiting from bt but i cannot find any software to help me . any ideas would be great . stu

2. if u just use dial up to connect, there in options should be *78(i really dont remember which number it is) but u should remove it.

3. Rootz

Rootz Guest

I think this has more to do with the modem hardware/software, modems can often put calls on hold, connect/disconnect on request and act as an answering machine

4. 14sr

14sr Guest

is there any way that i can just make it disconnect me every time i get a call though ????

5. PHiSHnz

PHiSHnz Guest

look through your modem settings, i remember mine had answer machine options and stuff when it was installed on a Win 98 OS but doesn't seem to have any of those options on XP.
    With most new modems, enabling call waiting doesn't disconnect them, they seem to hang on the connection a lot better.
    My friend in the UK bought a component that plugs in between the phone line and the modem which intercepts the call waiting beeps and lets you d/c from the internet and take the call... you'd have to have a look around shops n stuff.. but i know there aren't any in new zealand