Can Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended do same things as Photoshop Elements?

Discussion in 'Graphic Design' started by Punkrulz, May 24, 2009.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Hey guys,

I have an Intro to Web Design I course, which requires us to purchase Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, and Photoshop Elements. Through our discounts with the school, I can get Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium for a good deal. I would like to get that as it also has Photoshop, but only if Photoshop can do what Elements can.

Our teacher finally listed the requirements and stated that we could skate by with using Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard and Elements, so I'm not sure what I want to get.

So as the question stands: Can Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended to the same features that Adobe Photoshop Elements can do?

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Yes, and more :)

3. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

indeed it can, elements is a cut down version of photoshop (feature wise and such)

4. Punkrulz

Thanks guys, I went ahead and purchased it, a much better solution than buying Creative Suite 4 Web standard + Elements. The teacher was also cool with me just using photoshop. I could've saved a few bucks since I have CS2, but I'm not worried about it. Now I just need to see how I can reimburse this through my college loan.

5. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Yeah, Photoshop Extended is what you want.

6. Punkrulz

Just out of curiosity, can any of the programs work with video for the web? I'm looking to start doing some videos for my fire department website, so just curious if I am tackling two birds with one stone by getting Creative 4 Web Premium.

Adobe Illustrator CS4
    Adobe Fireworks CS4
    Adobe Contribute CS4

It looks like Soundbooth is as it sounds, and I already know what Acrobat does.

Thanks!

7. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

premier is for video, after effect is just that adding effects after - both of which are not in your collection, there are other tools about, someone should pop by soon and be able to advise you ;)

8. spikeville

spikeville OSNN One Post Wonder

Can Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended do same things as Photoshop Elements

You do not necessarily have to get rid of them. You can simply reset them to the defaults and load the others only when you need them.BTW, brushes are stored in the Adobe > Adobe Photoshop > Presets > Brushes folder.

9. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Re: Can Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended do same things as Photoshop Elements

Spike: not exactly sure what you're trying to answer here since this thread really doesn't deal with brushes..

10. ShepsCrook

ShepsCrook Red Sox Fan!

I was going to say... It was a little random.