Cable vs DSL

im running Dsl i had cable but it was capped at 512 :( im getting 1500 for half the price i was on cable and my upload speed is twice as fast here a bad speed test normally i run 2+megs a sec down load :)

11.1 mbps on ADSL supposedly, but of course, a bug of some sort. :(

Depends on how much you pay. $40 US per month for cable vs. $40 US per month for DSL, cable easy. But if you're paying more for your DSL you can reach [realisticly] speeds approching 1.5Mbps. Cable always has the potential to hit 1.5Mbps but that is hampered severely by any anomalies in your connection or other neighbors on the same analog line as you. DSL can go up to 1.5Mbps as well, but you've gotta pay for reliability at that speed. Some cable and DSL aren't capped for download speeds though. When DSL was knew, some ppl were paying for 256kbps service and were getting near 1.5Mbps service, and I think some of those users were capped, and I think upload speeds are capped for most cable and DSL providers...
/L.A

I am on DSL now and it is

30KB/s down

and

15KB/s Up

Mine kinda sux now i see all your guys speeds

:mad:

Test starting...
Average throughput: 2028 kilobits/sec
Total Time: 4136 milliseconds
Done.

That's from a test server in Ontario, Canada. I'm about a 11hr drive away, in NB, Canada.

Of course my speed will drop somewhat during peak hours etc...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back