Cable Modem Motorola 5100- switch - three PCs

I hope I didn't make my self clear .
I was saying ,
Can I connect a adsl router/modem ( Netcomm NB3300) to SB5100 to work as an router and connect all the PCs to this router/modem( NB3300 ADSL Modem/Router).

no that is a modem and router for adsl not cable it will not work.

mkdahiya said:
I hope I didn't make my self clear .
I was saying ,
Can I connect a adsl router/modem ( Netcomm NB3300) to SB5100 to work as an router and connect all the PCs to this router/modem( NB3300 ADSL Modem/Router).

Did you not read my post?

IF it's a ADSL Modem/Router then chances are that there isn't a WAN (also called Internet) port. This is the port you need to connect the MODEM to and not the uplink. Using the uplink basically makes the MODEM/Router a switch.

You need to go out and buy a router in order to share this connection. Using a system as a gateway is the cheapest method however it means that system has to be on for the others to access the internet.

ejn74 said:
no that is a modem and router for adsl not cable it will not work.
How should I make you understand. Okay below is the block diagram of the system

cable --SB5100 Cable Modem -----NB3300 used as router not modem ( Adsl modem / router )----- through NB3300 ports connect 3 Pcs.

Now tell me is this going to work? I am using a router after 5100 modem to link my Pcs.

because like admiral said it for adsl without the lan port it will not work. You need a router not a combination dsl/router. it will not work. sorry.

Admiral Michael said:
Did you not read my post?
Sorry ,

I got your message now . I will try to connect through the router . I hope it should work. Such a simple thing . Anyway thnaks for your support and edurance to keep up with me .
Thanks a lot . I shall get back to you on the same thread if problem persist.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back