Cable Internet and Faxes

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Powerchordpunk, Jan 20, 2002.

1. I do a relatively minute bit of faxing through my phone line a week. Not a lot, but enough for faxing to be necessary through my computer. I also want cable internet. Can I still have cable internet and send faxes with it, since it is an always on connection?

I am curious because I know you can still send faxes with your dialup modem still in my machine,(with cable) but I'm afraid I might have to remove it, as I still need to put in a NIC card in for cable and I don't think I have enough PCI slots or whatever they're called. Basically, can i send faxes with a cable modem? Thanks.
  2. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

West Lafayette, IN, USA
    Nope. Faxes work by dialing directly into another fax machine. The internet is not used when sending a fax. Just keep the modem and get a USB NIC or something

3. clutch

clutch Guest

If you do a little bit of research, you can get software that will let you send and receive faxes over your internet connection (this would include cable). Might want to try and do a search.
  4. huguesmackay

huguesmackay Guest

Try! Because of the nature of my business, I send and receive faxes on an almost hourly basis and didn't want to buy an expensive fax machine or have a modem installed into my system. I have one toll free 888 number and one UK number. Check it out!