c: d: and others.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mafiafromrussia, Sep 11, 2002.

1. c:\ d:\ and others.

how do i change the drive letters ? for example i have my 2 cdroms as F:\ and G:\ but i want to change them to some other letter. how do i do that?

2. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

disk management

3. either it was fast reply or something, or i was getting my coffe too long there :). i'll try that management though

4. ok and if i want to change the letter of partition where xp is installed how do i do that? cuz that managment says i cant do that because it's system or boot volume

5. 2z

2z OSNN Gamer

boot partition is the only one you cant change
    :(

6. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well that one is tough as u said it will not let u do that why. Thanks Zigzag Well I glad I was to be of some help to u

7. thanks for help. i'll try to get used to current settings then.

8. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Partition Magic

Try that its a great program has a drivemapper will handle most anything

9. i'll give it a go in a day or so. it helped me the other time to transfer some space from one partition to another. worked great. i'll c if it works this time

10. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Make sure everything you want is backed up because trying to change the OS drive letter might crash the entire system beyond restoration. Could be format time.

11. oh damn, well i wont be trying to do it then, got enough formating today :( . i'll just get used to new shorcuts and stuff.