C++ Compiler

pcxgamer

OSNN Junior Addict
I need a little help I'm trying to find a free compiler that would be able to compile a Visual C++ 6.0 or .net source code. I have a few source codes that need to be compiled with these compilers but I wasn't sure if there would maybe a free one that would work.

Thank you for the link I'm looking around and I'm going to download the software and try it.

Thanks

After looking around for a bit I have found out that the software is C# and compiles to .NET only. But if I'm not mistake and I maybe would a .net compiler be able to compile V C++ 6 or am I mistaken.

maby Borland

i use Visual Studio C++ 6.0 so i havent been around open source compilers, well cept FreeBSD

borland should do..

but then this is visual c++ 6.0 ?

am sure that m$ has some differences... like they always implement :(

If the code was written specifically for the M$ C++ development platform (Visual C++) it probably uses M$ specific extensions and libraries. It depends on if the code was written for portability.

If the code was not written to be portable good luck finding a 100% compatible compiler. Also, you may have issues on the "make" files being written for Visual C++ only.

There is a lot of open source and shareware out there that is designed for portability and it will have individual "make" files for the different operating systems/compilers.

Right.

If you're using specific Visual C++/MFC code, you will need Visual Studio.
If it's standard C++, you can use Borland or DevC++ (built on the free, open-source MINGW compiler)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back