C++ and Renderware 3.5

Discussion in 'Web Design & Coding' started by razor_ro, May 2, 2003.

1. razor_ro

razor_ro OSNN Addict

Anyone know of any good tutorials for the following:

Visual C++ 6.0 (not .NET)
    RENDERWARE 3.5

I am trying to learn these two things and would like tutorials that have them individually and/or with both of them being used. Thanks

RaZoR

2. razor_ro

razor_ro OSNN Addict

BUMP BUMP BUMP!!!

BUMP

:huh:

3. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Tried Google?

4. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator

RENDERWARE is an old outdated graphics interface based of the DOS operating system.

Go here for more info: -

http://beale.best.vwh.net/hotlists/engines.html

You can write programmes using this (old games have) but I doubt that you can convert all the API calls to any modern operating system without errors creeping in.

As you will have to call all the RENDERWARE functions from within VB 6 (which is possible) it is not the preferred method (ok so VB does nor handle graphics very well, or at all). VB (any version) is not designed to handle fast graphics, but Direct X is which you can access from VB with some difficulty.

CAD programmes have VB Plug-ins that give you access to similar functionality but the downside is that they produce “static images” not real-time simulations with all the various limitations that this can provide and are “stitched together” by a professional graphics engine one frame at a time. These are called “games engines” and can be manipulated in real time. Programming these systems is an art form.

5. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

He isnt asking about Visual Basics but C++, so please keep it on topic.

I generally wouldnt try to go from one to the other.

6. razor_ro

razor_ro OSNN Addict

ummm....

Dave, thanks for the reply, but what are you talking about? RENDERWARE was used on GTA3 and Vice City, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, etc...and i could go on.... and i am talking about C++ not BASIC, .... thx anyways

7. dave holbon

dave holbon Moderator