busted!

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by muzikool, Jul 15, 2004.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Webcam viewer 'spots burglars'

A Kentucky woman who was taking a look at her Florida friend's live webcam noticed two burglars breaking in, and was able to give police a good enough description of the men to arrest them.

Local 6 says the teenage burglars who broke into Leonard Meek's house in Volusia County in Florida noticed the webcam after two minutes, and covered it up.

But his friend in Kentucky has already realised they were stealing electronic equipment, and rang the police.

"I would have called 911, but I'm calling from out of state," the unnamed woman told police.

"I'm watching a friend's from a webcam, and two men just broke into his house. They're in the house right now."

Police rushed to the scene, and although the two teenage burglars had fled, they were later caught hiding in nearby bushes.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1021826.html

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

Heh, I live in Volusia County...figures. ;)

3. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

I live in Volusia as well! Xsiv I told you we shouldn't have stopped to smell the flowers!

4. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

5. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

In England they would have taken a week to turn up and if they did get caught they would have been released as the court would have said they were not criminals, well done that lady!

6. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Well ya did say in yer other thread that ya had ta go 'cause the cops were comin... We shoulda believed you. :p