burning dvds

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by mooo, Nov 14, 2004.

1. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

i have a video ts folder and i'm trying to burn a dvd but when i try to burn it using the finder i'm told that the folder is too big and it exceeds the space on the dvd (even though it doesn't).

i've tried to use idvd to burn it but it won't recognise the files.

what would you guys do?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Have you tried DVD Shrink? Very easy to use. Freeware. That should help you sort it out.

3. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

Personally, I use Toast to burn on my Mac. But, I would say if you don't have it, you can always use Disc Burner or another free software (get it from Versiontracker.com).

4. Bucky Badger

Bucky Badger OSNN Addict

I love dvd shrink, So simple

5. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

dvd shrink is the best...

edit...do they make it for the mac? or other operating systems?

6. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

REG,
    i have tried the program, it keeps crashing when i load it. Is there any files i need. I am on a powerbook with OSX-panther. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    mooo

7. the way i do it is put the video_ts in an iso using winiso and burn that to an image drive to test it see if it work if it works then i'll just burn the iso to a dvd, i also have dvd shrink but never tried it i'll give it a shot sometimes

8. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

*clears throat*

THIS IS THE MAC SECTION, STOP RECOMMENDING WINDOWS APPLICATIONS, thanks :p

Personally, I can only recommend Toast, it's the only app aside from just the finder that I've used.

(edit) You can get a demo of it to try from here: http://www.roxio.com/en/products/toast/product_demo.jhtml

9. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Ill chime in as well, Toast is awesome. And yes please, stop with the windows software, it is useless for us Mac Users.

10. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Damn! Cant' read the post & what section I'm in as well. What happened to the good ol' days? :p

11. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

when people used to have a clue and just used macs? Well, let me tell you, Jobs got kicked out and some other person took over, and drop apple int ..... <10 pages later>

So now people have to start buying macs again, and have it be on top like before!

12. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

I'd say try out Toast too, its a great app for burning. The Nero Equivelant some say :)