Burning audio cds with Nero

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by donkey, Jul 19, 2002.

1. donkey

donkey Guest

Ok this might be a simple task but I just got a burner and don't know how to compile a cd. I have a stack of mp3's and want to compile a cd but everytime I do this in Nero, it just saves like a 600MB image file and the cd contains nothing.

Can anyone help.

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    Nero converts them
  3. donkey

donkey Guest

That's what I have done though. Used the wizard to compile an audio cd, dragged the mp3s accross and then burnt them. At the start of the burning process a box opens for me to save an image file. If I cancel, the process aborts, if I save a file, it's creating an image but nothing on the cd.

I thought Nero converted them as well. I have cdex if I had to convert them though but I'd rather Nero do it.
  4. Lithium

Lithium Guest

hmm thats weird cuz i use nero and it works fine for me even changes them to wav for me id try reinstalling it
  5. donkey

donkey Guest

I think I might have found the problem. In Nero under the tab cd-recorder, I only have one recorder available when it asks me to choose a recorder and that is only an image recorder.

I think that's why it might just be saving images and not burning but I'm not sure.

If this is the problem, how can I get a recorder to burn a cd and not images?
  6. donkey

donkey Guest

I think I figured it out. My burner wasn't supported by the version of Nero I was using. I'm downloading the update now which supports my burner and I'll test it after that to see if it works.

Thanks for the help as well.
  7. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

Good Luck!
  8. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    Media player has a more than usefull burner, the copy to CD function.
  9. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

Moved to applications: Iceman