Burn-at-once alternatives.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Heeter, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Hi Guys,

I was having trouble creating Data DVD's with Burn-at-once. I thought it was actually me. I went to their site to see and lo-and-behold, BAO doesn't support DVDburning (You have to get a $15 licence key for total DVD support). Oh well, I am a dedicated BAO user, but I have to move on. Freeware-wise, what is available out there that is as powerful for DVD's as BAO is for CD's?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

2. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

what software are you using?

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Ehm, burn at once? as mentioned in the post... ? :confused:

4. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

Jamie is charging now ? that is odd, with all the bugs it has and the fact that it crashes two much. And not to mention being just a VB frontend for cdrdao and mkisofs, I am surprised he is charging now..

I don't use it, mainly for the fact that he is a cocky jerk. I use Nero exclusively .. I don't know of any freeware program that will do it .. Did you try the windows xp burning engine ???

5. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

6. Heeter

Nets,

I was going to check it out, but the title suggests CD's only. But I am going to try it faithfully.

Heeter

7. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

First thing it says on the product page:

8. NetRyder

Yep, it'll burn DVDs too. Guess it would just sound odd if it was called CDDVDBurnerXP Pro ;)

9. Heeter

Hi Nets,

Couple of things noticed so far, CDBurnerXP does not associate itself with known file extensions (bin/cue, iso). With BAO, you were able to double-click on a file and that would automatically open BAO. Another thing is overburn, something I regularly used with BAO. Can I associate file extensions with CDBXP? Is there an Overburn option? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks,

Heeter

10. NetRyder

You can manually associate the file types in Windows. Open up Explorer, hit Tools>Folder Options, switch to the File Types tab, look for BIN and CUE, and change the default handler applications.

Re: Overburning - I've never really tried it myself, but according to the FAQ, it works without changing any settings: