BT Broadband Logon problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by GoNz0, Jan 24, 2003.

1. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    whenever i connect to my broadband connection i have to wait up to 2 mins before the 1st page will open. says page found and waiting, then all of a sudden it bursts into life and all is fine. i was wondering if there is anything i need to do on the dial up connection to stop this nothingness once i connect.

i got the latest drivers and my system is 100% up to date.
  2. Jahya

Jahya Guest

I would assume you are using XP and therefor you are not using any additional software to connect to the internet, so this will probably be a pointless post....

When I was running Win2K I had to use Enternet 3000 to connect my DSL. Connecting was not an issue, but when I would open IE/Opera I would have to wait 1 - 2 minutes while it was detecting the proxy settings and then once the page finally came up all was good. I never looked for a way to stop it b/c I figured it was probably necessary and besides that I only disconnect to reboot, so I only had to deal with it detecting those proxy settings once in awhile.
  3. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

I'm just wondering if it is two minutes you're waiting? I only say coz my ADSL connection (freeserve / Alcatel) does the same but it probably isn't really 2 mins!!

If like me you have the ADSL set to come on at start up I can only assume that your PC is busy churning through all the other startup stuff hence the delay....