BSOD ... why?? I am stuck..

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Nedreplan, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Nedreplan

Nedreplan Guest

I have received my first BSOD today in a long time, but it seems to be a problem that has a history on my computer.

According to the logbook (excuse my plain translation) it says:

"Can not find a description for the incident-ID 0 in the source. The local computer probably do not have the needed registerinformation or message-DLL-files that is needed to show messages from a remote computer. Maybe you can use the flag /AUXSOURCE= if you want to see this description. More information about this is avaible at the Help- and support center.
    Futher information: 1."

"The computer restarted after the error search. The error search was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0xe23b1aeb, 0xa9951adc, 0x00000000). It was dumped and saved in C:\Windows\Minidump"

This "error" has been repeated a number times, but this was the first BSOD.

I do not have another computer hooked up with it, only communication is with ADSL by a router/firewall.

This is an alien language for me :confused: So, I hope that anyone out there knows what it is, so I can (hopefully) do something about it.

Thanks !!

2. Tiesto

Tiesto OSNN Addict

AUXSOURCE -- sound card? It might be a memory problem though, those errors messages are similiar to some memory bsod messages i used to get.
  3. XeoNoX

XeoNoX OSNN Senior Addict

how many times did you get it? Does it always happen or just 1 time or sometimes?
  4. Goldy

Goldy Guest

Good Morning

I think its the drivers you have for the Audigy.

Have a look at this -

Microsoft Error

Try updating the drivers from -