Browser Poll

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Corvette, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Which browsers do you have on your computer?

2. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Sorry Ntescape was supposed to be Netscape (Why do I always mix up 2 letters right next to eachother? :))

3. chris

chris Free to Fly

I use Firebird 0.6.1 all the time, but i still have IE installed as I'm hesitant to uninstall it

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

IE, Mozilla & have just got onto Avant.

5. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

I use Internet Explorer becasue its one less application to install, besides its integrated with Windows XP and cant really be removed without screwing things up.

6. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Firebird is my primary also have Mozilla, Opera and MSIE (for those lame sites you often have to go to which wont work with anything else)

7. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

and everybody knows I use ie, as it's the only browser that's not an add on...in addition, it has a much easier time with sites that nothing else wants to open...it's as customizable as any other browser for tabs, etc with much smaller add ons, and nothing else benchmarks for me faster at loading pages

since ms has stopped developing ie, alas, I might in the near future be forced to load an add on like firebird

but I hesitate untill something opens more pages then ie...that's when i guess I'll be forced to add on

8. chris

chris Free to Fly

With SP1 installed it can be removed safely using the Add/Remove Windows Components part of Add/Remove Programs in control panel, same with the other microsoft integrated programs (Outlook, Media Player, Messenger, MSN Explorer etc.)

9. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

this is not a true remove, but more a hiding of the ie

10. chris

chris Free to Fly

thanks for the clarification, i haven't actually done it myself i just knew of the option to 'remove' it

11. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Still, it's one less application I have to install, and reinstall after a format.

12. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Avant...sweeeeet. It's just IE with a LOT of really useful features. That's what I use.

Development of IE is still continuing,
    just not as a standalone.

13. yoyo

yoyo _________________

On one monitor Opera is constantly running with two tabs opened to the forums I am at home in. Set to autorefresh every minute.
    For other things I mainly use IE and from time to time Firebird.

14. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Well I have Firebird,Opera and IE (Because Bill Gates made me! :) He He!)

15. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Latest Firebird nightlies and IE in XP
    Latest firebird nightlies and latest stable Mozilla build in Slackware :)

Spelling error corrected in poll

16. Just plain old IE for me, it does the job. Ive tried Netscape and Opera and didnt really like either.

17. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

FireBird (Nightlies normally) as my primary browser and Opera installed for checking layouts etc.

The SP1 thing for "removing" IE is pathetic, it simply sets the .exe to hidden, which doesn't really have any affect when you have hidden icons showing. :)

18. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

using firebird as default. also have ie (duh) and opera and myie2 and mozilla installed.

19. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Huh wat, MSIE is stopping standalone development and other aspects are gonna need OS fixes to make it better. Stupid *******s, fix MSIE with PNG and XML first then you can kill standalone development, that doesnt require OS fixes.

sorry I had to get that out, I am annoyed at having to webcode around MSIE's inadiquacies in those areas

hoho MS's MSIE PNG transparency fix is for the coder to add more code to their webpages, fantasico
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294714
    Its like the word Standard has no meaning within Microsoft, unless its a Microsoft "Standard"

20. Corvette

Corvette Sauske!

Thanks NetRyder for fixing my mistake