Broadband & caller display

tibboh

Arte et Marte
Has anyone who is on the BT system who has caller display and has since upgraded to Broadband had any issues.. I have 2 caller display units (both BT CD30's) and both of them are not working correctly since conversion - bit weird that both would go down at the same time? Then again, I might just be paranoid!!

Never went for the whole caller display thing. I'd give BT a call and see if it's possibly a known issue (not that DSL should affect the caller ID being sent over the phone line.. but BT are quite screwy :D)

We have got broadband and caller display and we have no problems. Just check with BT as Dave says.

sometimes(in the states) when people put dsl in it effects their phone lines...at Radio Shack(in the states) or any electronics store sells filters that make sure the phone gets the phone signal and the dsl gets the dsl signal

Yeah, you need to do that on every phone socket (that is going to be in use). I completely forgot about filters :D well remembered you two :)

Doh - just checked the cordless phones, and their caller displays work fine - so it looks like the prob with the remote units is at my end (probably dump them, as there is no real need now). Many thanks for replies

Tuffgong4 said:
at Radio Shack(in the states) or any electronics store sells filters that make sure the phone gets the phone signal and the dsl gets the dsl signal

hehe, my ISP supplies the filters, when I need more I just call or go online and order more.

btw, I kno with my dsl if I have more then 5 phones connected my internet speed drops to like 10kbps, weird!

Although I had filters fitted to all phone lines, they were 'cheap' ones bought from PC World - just remembered that I had 3 freebie BT ones supllied with AOL modem (unused as I have a wireless router). Stuck a couple of the BT filters in and problem solved (plus the slight crackling heard intermittently on phone line). Just goes to show you get what u paid for (will not slag off BT for at least a couple of weeks now).

B.T. also do need slagging off. as a PLC they have not done that much in the past years to enable all exchanges for broadband services available for every household in the country.

I have 4 filters connected to one socket via a splitter, they are the retail filters about the came with my zoom adsl modem.

Not always the filters it's usually you local exchange using sub-standard connection tools.

Yup Lee, they are sloppy little tinkers - though I do believe that they are going to enable all exchanges in UK without having to wait for the desired amount of 'hits' (although how long that will take is anyone's guess).

But I must admit their filters did the trick where others failed - so I will not be slagging them off again - until at least Friday!! (wife just signed up for 1-tel, so that will probably put their noses out, he he).

Well those other Telecom companies make you sign a contract, when you don't use the phone for enough outbound calls, they get narky and moan and whine. Then they say they are withdrawling your service, stick with B.T., shop around their deals and find one that suits better. You will be back with B.T. by xmas.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back