Britney Spears is married

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by muzikool, Sep 20, 2004.

1. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

A few years ago, I'd have said that Kevin Federline (the husband) was a lucky guy... but I won't be saying that now. Anybody want to take bets on how long it lasts? I'll put 10 rep points on 3 months! :p

An entertaining read: A Look Ahead at Britney Spears' Future

2. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Haha! [​IMG]

3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I don't understand the fascination with who she marries or how many times she gets married...

the media really needs to deal with other topics than following britney and co round and passing judgement... aren't they after all the perv's who are feeding consumers voyeuristic tendencies regarding celebs :eek:

4. rotjong

rotjong Moderator

Personally, I don't care about Britney's personal life nor do I care about her professional life. She is, however, an example of our society [specifically the American one] where younger people get married at the drop of a hat. This happens to both those people who are rich and those who are not.

It does seem, however, that to those in Hollywood [and the music industry] that being married is no more significant than simply dating someone. Maybe it's the rich version of going steady? They meet, date 3 months, get married, stay married for say 2 years and then get divorced. But, hey, they're rich with nice pre-nups and they haven't lost anything. If anything they got publicity!

I really do hope she has a great marriage but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it fail.

rotjong

5. muzikool

[rant] Unfortunately, she is a model for many younger girls to emulate... much the same way Madonna was a model for her. "With great power comes great responsibility" is what they say (at least in Spiderman they do). :p But I believe that it's true, and BS isn't even attempting to be responsible. She gets married while she's drunk and annuls it the next day, she pulls a guy away from his girlfriend and child and marries him when she could easily date/marry most any one she chooses... it's as if she's going through a period of wanting to shock everyone. Meanwhile, many of the younger girls who look up to her are getting a bad lesson in relationships. It's a shame.
    [/rant]

6. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

i wanna boink her and Avril at the same time :p

7. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Man, I pity the girls who feel the need to make Britney Spears their role model. [​IMG]

8. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

I really hate the following she has but when the post pictures of the way she really looks with out all the make up and everything is great...

Beauty is before the makeup...Makeup just accentuates it

9. muzikool

So do I. :rolleyes:

10. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

My thoughts exactly.

11. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Boink!!!!!

Grandmaster likes this.
  12. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

Unfortunately, it's rather in vogue in our civilization to idolize those who are seen as richer/more powerful then themselves. Seems rather weird to me, though it doesn't seem uncommon, with many people...

Someone could probably end up making a fortune selling a sock on Ebay and claiming one of these celebs wore it ;)

When I took media studies last year, we had mention of reasons people interact with media content. One was for companionship... tbh, the whole idea seemed somewhat creepy to me.

13. muzikool

You're more right than you may know. Recently, an eBay auction was online selling a piece of gum that supposedly belonged to Britney Spears. It was in the hundreds of dollars before it was pulled... probably because it's legitimacy couldn't be proved. :rolleyes:

14. muzikool

You're shameless. :p

15. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

May I just [​IMG] ?