boot menu problem

K

k0nartis06

I recently had two seperate installations of XP Professional (one made with a scratched up disc and one with a good one). I deleted the one made with the bad cd that didnt work; but now i'm left at start up with a Win NT/2000 style boot menu with my current XP installation as well as the deleted one. The system used to go directly to the XP startup splash screen. How do get rid of this boot menu? I tried looking for my boot.ini file to edit but it was nowhere to found. I'm looking in my c:\ directory...am i looking in the wrong place or is there another problem?

Try this:
Right click my computer\properties\advanced\startup & recovery\settings. Look in there to disable the boot screen.

Do u have the option of viewing protected operating system files un checked? If so then I have to idea's but if not which one is listed second I believe would be the one u want to delete or whichever one is the one that was for the installion u deleted.

not a problem. glad to be of help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back